- Use the WordPress plugin installer to install the plugin. Alternatively, you can just extract the folder in our download package and upload it to your plugin directory.
- Access the Plugins admin menu to activate the YouTube embed plugin.
- Make your default settings after clicking the new YouTube menu item that shows up in your admin panel.
- To embed videos in your post, start pasting the links with any desired additional codes needed for your YouTube embed (see below section for additional codes). Make sure each link is on its own line. Or, if you need multiple videos on the same line, make sure each URL is wrapped properly with the shortcode. Example:
[embedyt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABCDEFGHIJK&width=400&height=250[/embedyt]If you don’t know exactly which video you want to embed, use the free built-in search feature to find and insert one.
- You can also embed a playlist and channel gallery with this plugin >>. Please install the plugin and visit the settings page for instructions.
- To get video SEO, an analytics dashboard and many other premium features, sign up for one of the options here >>
Additional codes (adding these will override the default settings in the admin):
- width – Sets the width of your player. If omitted, the default width will be the width of your theme’s content. Example:
- height – Sets the height of your player. If omitted, this will be calculated for you automatically. Example:
- vq – Set this to
hd1080to force the video to play in HD quality. Example: